An angle grinder, also known as a disc grinder or side grinder, is a handheld power tool used for cutting, grinding, and polishing a variety of materials, including metal, stone, and concrete. It consists of a motor, a gearbox, and a spinning abrasive disc that can be changed depending on the task at hand.
One of the main advantages of an angle grinder is its versatility. It can be used for a wide range of tasks, from cutting and shaping metal to removing rust and paint. With the right attachment, an angle grinder can also be used for sanding, polishing, and even carving wood.
Another advantage of an angle grinder is its power. Most models range from 4.5 to 9 inches in diameter and can spin at speeds up to 12,000 RPMs, making quick work of even the toughest materials. However, this power can also be dangerous if not used properly, so it’s important to always wear proper protective gear and follow safety precautions.
When using an angle grinder, it’s important to choose the right disc for the task at hand. For cutting metal, a thin abrasive disc is usually best, while a thicker disc with diamond-tipped blades is better for cutting concrete. Grinding discs come in a variety of grits for different levels of coarseness, and polishing discs can be used to give a smooth, shiny finish to metal and stone.
Overall, an angle grinder is a powerful and versatile tool that can be a valuable addition to any workshop or toolbox. With the right care and caution, it can make quick work of a variety of tasks, from cutting and grinding metal to polishing and shaping stone.
REEKON M1 Caliber Measuring Tool for Miter, Chop, and Band Saws, Eliminates Need to Measure & Mark Materials
SHALL Angle Grinder Tool 7.5Amp 4-1/2 Inch, 6-Variable-Speed Grinders Power Tools, Electric Metal Grinder 12000 RPM w/ 2 Safety Guards, Cutting Wheels, Flap Discs, Non-Slip Handle for Metal/Wood
-18% $284.99 List Price: $349.00
About this item
- Plastic / Metal
- Made in the USA or Imported
- Angle grinder comes with 13 Amp motor
- 8,500 RPM metal grinder
- Guard can be adjusted to redirect sparks away from user
- Single-wrench wheel changes with spindle-lock button
- Runs off of AC/DC power
About this item
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Variable 2-speed 1/2″ Hammer Driver-Drill (0-550 & 0-2,100 RPM) with BL Motor delivers 1,250 in.lbs. of Max Torque; weighs only 6.0 lbs. with battery for a wide range of drilling, fastening and hammer drilling applications
- Impact Driver features 3-speed power selection switch (0-1,100 / 0-2,100 / 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100 / 0-2,600 / 0-3,800 IPM) provides 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque; weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery